Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Apr 29, 2013


Hola!!
Congrats Steve (Archibald), happy wedding week!!!

This week was one of my favorites! I don´t even know where to start. Half the time this transfer I’ve been waking up in the morning not knowing where I’ll be sleeping in the nighttime.  I’m traveling all over Buenos Aires with my little suitcase!

For a few days this week I was in Congreso (one of my old areas) with the Hermanas working there. I was trying to see what types of things I could help with before I go, so I started to ask one of the Hna’s. what scares her about missionary work. She told me that contacting in the street scares her. Well contacting in the street is just a part of missionary work so I knew I was going to have to somehow help her get over that fear! So I started praying to be able to explain the ´´why´´ of some of the hard things we do in missionary work, and invited her to pray about it.

I explained to her what Pres. once explained to me…that this moment to accept or reject has been promised to them for thousands of years. That it’s not ´´just another person´´ but a real child of God and that its an ´´eternal moment´´ for them.   If we’re not careful it could just be ´´another ordinary moment´´ for us- and on top of it all, it’s what Jesus Christ would do if he were here.  He would talk to everyone and We are his representatives.

It was literally instantaneous, the change I saw. She looked at me and said ´´I GET IT¨!    She started talking to EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE. It was amazing. Remember that feeling from your mission when someone just all of a sudden understood something, and you were a witness of the spirit changing his or her heart? That’s the feeling I had! I LOVE seeing these little miracles in each area.

Well then right after, we were walking to an appointment and we saw a house with the door open, we passed it and felt that we need to go back. So we went back and spoke with the women sweeping just inside the door. She looked at us and said ´´God sent you two to me! ´´ She then continued to tell us that she was released from jail about 2 months ago for robbing, and how she wants to start her life over. I then encouraged the other Hermana to invite her to be baptized (something else that scared her).  Then, the second that the invitation to be baptized left her mouth, the woman said ´´THERE IT IS. I WANT TO BE BAPTISED. THAT’S WHAT I WAS WAITING FOR! ´´ She accepted the invitation, and then continued to tell us a few of her beliefs! She nearly quoted parts of the BOM with out even realizing it. She ALREADY believes what the BOM teaches and has never read or heard of it!!!!!!!! The Lords work is the best work in the world. I feel SOO blessed!! Did you know that a blessing for doing missionary work is that your love for God and everyone else will grow??

DO YOUR MISSIONARY WORK :) It’s the best thing ever! xooxoxox

Love,
Hna. Marchant









No comments:

Post a Comment