Monday, April 1, 2013

Apr 1, 2013

Hola!
This week was awesome!! Want the good news or the bad new first? Let´s start with good news!! Sara was confirmed! It was one of the biggest miracles I have witnessed in my mission because (here comes the bad news) her mom and sister were totally against it and her mom was not baptized as was planned and set this past week. I have never seen someone soooooo set on not being confirmed before (Sara).

Our leaders were calling us off the hook, and Sara was so- so set on ‘NO’ that we didn´t know what else to do or say to help her. We fasted and prayed harder than in my whole life for this confirmation. We told her (Saturday night) that even though she said ‘no’, we were going to come Sunday morning to get her for church. So, Sunday morning came and we got to the door.  Luckily, her evil sister was in the shower and her mom said ´´do whatever you want´´. But that wasn’t the whole problem. Sara DID NOT WANT TO BE CONFIRMED. So I prayed, and prayed, and prayed in my heart before I started talking and BEGGED my Heavenly Father to guide me and give me the right words to say so that she will be confirmed.

It was one of the weirdest experiences I have ever had. I just started talking and to be honest I don’t remember all of what I even said. I explained that God had a plan for her and that this is all part of the plan.  I explained that Satan doesn’t want her to choose the right and so he scaring her and saying that she doesn’t want her to go to church. I told her all this in a story-type way that she could relate to; about a ´´girl named Sara´´ her ´´dad´´ who was Heavenly Father and her ´´two best friends Hna Marchant, and Hna Leiva´´. By the end she was laughing and excited about her confirmation...and then was confirmed!!!! I´ve never felt so guided in my whole life. I was in shock. I know the Lord loves every single one of his missionaries, and that he is guiding and helping us in every aspect.

Well, the other awesome news is that a MARRIED couple came to church alone Sunday, RIGHT after the meetings ended. They told us they were passing by ready to buy ice cream and saw the church and thought ´´we haven’t been married in a church ceremony, only civilly. Let´s see if we can in this church.´´ They then continued to explain to us that they don’t agree with the other religions because you can’t get married if you have been divorced before. We explained Eternal Families, and the temple and they instantly feel in love with the idea. We explained that there are a few things they much do before to be able to be married for time and all eternity and they committed to be baptized!! We have an appointment today with them. They were truly guided to us. WHAT A MIRACLE!!

AMO LA MISIÓN. I LOVE THE MISSION. Well that’s just a few of the awesome things happening here in Caballito. And on top of it all General conference is this weekend. I HOPE I CAN WATCH IT IN ENGLISH. Last time I had to in Spanish and although I understand it all it’s just not the same with weird voices stuttering to translate. Well I love you all. Go to conference with questions!!!!! xoxoxo
Hna. Marchant

No comments:

Post a Comment