Monday, April 8, 2013

Apr 8 ,2013

Hola!          
             Well this week was awesome! First things first, our zone broke the mission record/ and mission broke the Argentine mission record of all missions in the history of Argentina, for baptisms this last month.  So our zone won a trip tooooooo THE TEMPLE!!!!! It had been so long since I had done a session at the temple. It was awesome! And in Spanish it was interesting! We took a ton of pictures, but my cord is packed (you´ll find out why in a minute) so I can´t send them today!
              We had transfers today. I’m going to tell you the story. So, Sunday night is always when they call to tell us the transfers.  Monday morning is when we all go to the offices and find out new companions and go to our new areas. So last night the zone leaders called and said ‘Hna Marchant you’re leaving’. And I said ´´ok where am I going´´ and they said ´´we don´t know it says unassigned you´ll find out tomorrow at 9am in the offices´´.  So I packed ALL MY STUFF, gave a ton to my companion because I have accumulated a ton of stuff in my mission, slept only a few hours (because they tell us between 10:30 and 10:45 at night the transfers) woke up early, called a taxi, and we were on our way to the offices. When we were about 10 minutes away (its about 1.5 hour drive) Pres. called and said ´´Hey Hermana, what did the zone leaders tell you about your transfers?´´ I told him and he started to laugh he then said ´´Go back to Caballito for right now, you´re going to be the traveling sister missionary. You will be stationed out of Caballito, but will be traveling each week to the other Hermana’s!´´. So we turned around and returned my heavy suit cases to their spot, called the members and converts that I had already said bye to, told them I would still be here, and took happy pictures together with my companion! She will have a new companion that will finish her training, and I will be here a few days of the week, and traveling a few days of the week! I´m excited/nervous! We´ll see how it goes :)
             Conference was awesome! As always. Yes, I got to see each session. No I didn´t get to see it in English. But it was still awesome. I loved Elder Holland’s talk on faith, and Cook´s on peace were my favorites. Obviously I loved the one on missionary work too!!  I hate to say it but we actually didn’t hear what the prophet talked about because the zone leaders put us in charge of filling the baptismal font for them. And as usual everything went wrong! You will LOVE my companion when you hear what she did. We went to fill it, and the other elders that had a baptism the previous night didn’t drain the water. So there was cold dirty water. (The font takes 3 hours to fill) so we decided to drain it. The plug is a plastic plug with a chain that you have to put and take out manually. So we took it out and it started to drain. Then we thought about what we were doing and realized that it will not be full on time if we wait for it all the drain, so we decided that we have to drain it half way, and then fill it up with only hot water the other half so that its not cold. Then we thought again and realized that to put the plug in someone will have to go down INTO the font and do it manually. Thinking ´´my companion would never do that. I have to do it.´´ and preparing my self in my mind to go in my companion said ´´ILL TAKE OFF MY TIGHTS AND ILL GO IN TELL THEM TO SHUT THE DOOR SO NOONE SEES ME´´ and then went in. and did it. Well long story short, it didn´t work a bunch of times so she had to go in 3 TIMES. We ran to our house (luckily we live 2 blocks away) she changed and no one knew what happened. They had their baptism and we missed what the prophet said ha-ha I also have pictures of that. I´ll send this coming week.
             We have an investigator names Jennifer. She will be baptized this coming week if all goes according to plan. She comes from a really hard family and an abusive mom. She talked to her mom with attitude one time so her mom as a punishment chopped off all her hair. It was really long to the bottom of her back and she cut it above her shoulders. Jennifer is sooo shy but sooooo sweet. Pray for her lots that in church she can find the loving family she doesn´t have. We actually found her on the way to church and she ended up being the only investigator that attended! Were looking a lot for new investigators. Pray for us please!! I hope that you all enjoyed conference and received answers to all your questions!! Have an awesome week!! xoxoxoxo

Love,
Hna Marchant

No comments:

Post a Comment