Monday, March 25, 2013

Mar 25, 2013


Hi!
We had a Baptism this week, Sara!! Her mom Maribel will be baptized Saturday! Now we need to find new investigators so PRAY FOR US PLEASE!!! We are actually really struggling we only have 2 investigators right now and It stresses me out.
 EVERYONE is talking about the new Pope. In Spanish the word Pope is “EL Papa”, which can be confused with potato – “la papa”.  The other day I accidently said LA PAPA to one of our contacts and they GOT SOOOOO OFFENDED because I called him a potato and not the Pope!  Argentine Catholics are very loyal, even if they have not stepped foot in a church in years.
Yesterday we were talking to the father of this young girl that wants to come to church but he wont let her. We were sharing the things she´ll learn at church, how to be a teenager with values, why its important to wait until marriage to have sexual relationships, how to say ‘no’ to temptations etc.   He said  “yes but she can learn that at our catholic church” .  I said , “oh you guys are attending your church on Sundays so that she can learn these things?”  He said  “no..... but ummm, well,  she can learn that in our house”.  It made me sad.  I was just thinking that he is literally choosing the worst for his child by saying no and not allowing her to come to church! 
Mom asked if I am getting trunky  No I am not getting trunky, I actually don’t believe it’s going to happen!
We need all your prayers this week. Pray that we will find families with married parents that will understand the gospel and be baptized.  
Gotta go LOVE YOU ALL! XOXOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment