Monday, April 23, 2012

April 23, 2012

Hello!
Happy Graduation Alex! Congrats on the many, many long years spent there in Provo. I´m sure you will be missed! Sounds like it was a crazy trip! Glad everyone made it and it all worked out! 

Well today is MY BIRTHDAY!!! You're going to laugh when I tell you what were going to do to celebrate! Luckily it's P-day! Were going with all the Elders to a Holocaust Museum...and then...a Gun Museum hahaha. Obviously the elders had P-day planned and then found out it was my birthday and now we're all going! But I hear they have realllllly good shopping where we're going to be so maybe we´ll split off. Anyway I'm really happy and feel really blessed to be on a mission right now. 

Guess what? I got robed this week. It was on the subway. It was funny because on our way to District meeting I was talking to this lady and she told me that Subways are really dangerous for getting robbed because they are PACKED full of people. And it was on our way back that it happened to me. I have ridden the subway a million times before and nothing like that happened. I feel dumb for not watching better. I had my bag up close to me and I felt a hand but I thought it was just because there were thousands of people all around me...then we got off and were running after a Bus and I was looking for my little wallet and realized it was gone! Luckily, it was only my money that was taken not my camera or anything else. Money is replaceable. The thing I didn't like is that it was in this secret pocket on the back of the bag which means someone was watching me for a while (put my wallet away) and followed us on the same subway and was standing there the whole time without my knowing. Oh well...I learned my lesson.

Well, we made a break through yesterday with one of our investigators (Pedro...with the good empanadas that feeds us because he thought we couldn't afford anything). He told us that he needed some time and wasn´t really progressing so we dropped him for a little.  But he called us back yesterday and we had a lesson with him. The whole lesson was fine but he was still super doubtful...and then, I realized he was wearing all while (it's his uniform for his Pizzeria) and I said something like ´´perfect, let's go baptize you right now your all ready in all white´´! He said ´´Whoa, each time you guys talk about baptism my heart starts pounding and I can feel something´´ .  We asked what is the something that he feels and he said ´´I don't know, but I want to feel it more´´ (obviously it's the Spirit).  He is learning the language of the Spirit so we tried to help him understand what it is. He is so logical that it's hard for him to just accept and believe. But we have a ton of faith in him! I´m so excited.

 Well I have some celebrating/crying at how sad the holocaust museum is to do, so I´ll end this! I Love you all so much. THANKS FOR ALL THE BIRTHDAY WISHES!!

No I haven´t gotten your packages mom and sherry, they might be at the mission home. I will probably get them next time I get mail which will be in about a month-maximum.

Love, Hermana Marchant...the 22 year old. (no puedo creer)

No comments:

Post a Comment