Monday, March 26, 2012

March 26, 2012

Hola!
Alright, well we had a baptism this week!! Her name is Cinthia and she is so awesome! She had a baptism date for last transfer before I was here, but at the baptism while everyone was taking pictures she took off!!!! Can you believe it? Well anyway since then, she moved around and has been being taught by our Zone Leaders in a different area. But then Thursday afternoon our leaders called us and told us she just moved back into our area and she has a date for this weekend. Since she is living in our area as of that day it is our baptism. So we made the calls and got it planned and she was baptized the next day (Friday). It was the craziest day I have ever experienced. Not exaggerating not kidding, I have never been so stressed in my life, but it's a long boring story so I won't go into that. Anyway, Friday night at 8pm she was baptized and it was beautiful. A recent convert from last week (the convert of the other Hermanas that we live with) is a famous pianist in Europe and agreed to play at Cinthias baptism. It really made the baptism that much more special! We kept close tabs on Cinthia the whole time so that she didn't run away, and the night ended perfect. We met with her the next day and I can tell she is going to be a very strong member and huge positive influence on this ward. Yesterday at church she was going to be confirmed and we couldn't find her anywhere, thinking she ran away we started running around calling her cell phone frantically. Well after a few minutes we finally discovered she was sitting patiently waiting for Sacrament Meeting to start in the chapel. Ha-ha we threw a smile on our faces and sat down next to her. She was confirmed and the whole ward befriended her. This ward had a 98% retention rate for baptisms and that is almost unheard of in Argentina. The bishop especially is really awesome!
Well on a sadder note, we decided to drop Marioli this week as an investigator. She knows the church is true but can't make the step to get married, they have been living together for 15 years and have 2 kids, but the paper work of marriage scares her. This family was really really special to me so I'm a little heartbroken. Maggi (the 11 year old daughter) still has a date for this weekend but some things have changed and were not really sure what the plan is anymore for her. I love her so much and know that no matter what happens with her family one day they will be baptized, but right now might not be the time. We found all this out yesterday so last night was full of tears, but today were doing better! We know it's all part of the plan! Well, I want to hear about everyone´s missionary experiences this week, write me and tell me! I love you all so much! 

Con Amor,
Hermana Marchant

Yesterday at church a missionary just returned back from his mission in Colombia, so I told him my cousin served there recently too he said ´´Elder Archibald? Yes I know him he was an excellent missionary, really really special; made a big difference in the mission´´ Good job Stephen! Ha-ha making history for our family all over the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment