Monday, March 19, 2012

Hola!
Wow I know I say this almost every week, but TIME IS FLYING. I can´t believe another week has passed. Well, this week was amazing as usual.
We are working so hard and its paying off. We have tons of investigators and tons with a baptism date. Remember Marioli and her daughter Maggi? Ok well just in case you forgot Marioli was a street contact, and her daughter Maggi is 11 years old. Marioli is not married to the guy she is living with so we are working on that before she gets baptized, but Maggi has a date of April 1st. The last day in the transfer. What a perfect way to end a perfect transfer. Yesterday I was sitting in the chapel waiting for Sacrament meeting to start talking to one of our investigators and I felt someone sit down next to me so I turned around and Maggi with her timid little smile was sitting right next me, so excited to be at church for the first time! I had my arm around her during the meeting and she wrote me a little ´´I love you Marchant'´ note! (Yes, I think she thinks my first name is Marchant ha-ha) but ugh my heart broke...in a good way if that makes sense. I really hope I can stay in this area next transfer to see her mom get baptized too. They are so special!

Well, this week we were asked to come up with 20 ways to ask for references from street contacts, investigators, members...everyone. So we decided to get creative. That day we were out working and we saw this Hippie chic with florescent colored clothes walking around so we walked up to her and right away she rejected us before we said anything.  So right when she said NO NO we said ´´no we have a question...who in this area is the funniest person you know´´?  Instantly she started cracking up and said ´´wow that is not the question I was expecting from you guys´´.  Then we all ended up talking and walking for about 15 minutes, she gave us a reference and in the end I think we changed her opinion of ´´the missionarys´´!!
Well remember the one less active man that walked up to Hna Sperry and me a few weeks ago and said he wants to be active again? Wow, he is soooo amazing! He works at a pizzeria and each time we meet he brings his investigator friend Pedro. They are both about 25 years old and so strong. Can you imagine leaving the church and then walking up to missionarys because you miss the church... You´d have to be so brave!...And then to bring your friend also. Pedro is really strong too. They are both from Peru.  The first thing that happened when we met Pedro was us, explaining what the LDS church is... the Church that Jesus Christ- which was established when he was on the earth.  The first thing he said was ´´what? I didn't know his church existed on the earth!  I want to know more´´ can you say prepared?? They are so awesome and like I said they work at a pizzeria so we get free empanadas and other food each visit!!  Well I love you all so much and can't wait to hear from you!
Xoxoxo have an amazing stress free week.

No comments:

Post a Comment