Monday, March 5, 2012

Week of Miracles

Hola!
Well this week was a week of miracles! So much has happened. Let me try to sum it up in a short email for you all! Well this weekend was Stake Conference. So Saturday we were running around town all day (literally running) getting out investigators who committed to coming Saturday night, and after running, running, running, we finally decided to take the bus across town because we were running really late.  We looked to see if we had coins and as I was counting how much we had, the bus came and Hermana Sperry jumped on. As I was yelling to her "WE DONT HAVE COINS"  ha-ha but she jumped on so I had to too! So we get on and I look at her and say ´´we don't have coins´´ and she said instantly- ´´were about to see a miracle´´ she put in the 4 or 5 coins we dug out of our bags and when we still owed a lot she reached down where it prints the receipt/ticket saying you paid and there were TONS OF Returned Chainge COINS. TONS! So we had enough for that ride.  We got our investigator and then we still had enough to get us to the church. Well,  turns out this investigator that night prayed and got her answer to the book of Mormon and searched online all about Joseph Smith and watched the  Joseph Smith movie online and will be baptized!! She is amazing and lives with a lot of people so were going to teach and baptize them all!!

This week was my first baptism! Santi. He is the little 9 year old. He´s such a little missionary he is teaching all his friends all about the church. I always heard that the days of baptisms are crazy and things go wrong.  Thinking that wouldn't happen to me I woke up ready to work and happy. Well we got about 30 min into the day before things were crazy.  So many things went wrong it was kind of hilarious. Hoping that was the worst of the baptism day stress, we calmed ourselves and did our studies and left the apt. for the day. We were told that the baptism font takes 3 hours to fill up, so 3 hours before the baptism we went to the church to start it. Well, because this is Argentina they don't have a hot water switch or button like you would think you have to light the gas and then get a match and throw it in this box thing. Long story short the member helping us burned all the hair on his hands off and we almost get fire in our face 2 or 3 times. After deciding it was too dangerous and about 45 minutes of trying to figure it out, we gave up and put the cold water on to fill up the font. Remember how someone told us 3 hours? Well we come back 2 hours later and guess what? Water everywhere. (Good thing carpet doesn't exist in Argentina) the font over flowed and there was water everywhere. It was an awesome, crazy, spiritual, fun day!

Yesterday Hermana Sperry and I were standing on a street corner talking about what we can do to help this one member in our ward who is less active.  Then this random guy walks up to us and says ´´excuse me, I'm sorry to interrupt. But I'm a member of the church. And I'm a little inactive and I want to be active again, and I really miss the church´´.  And then this other guy stopped us later and asked us ´´where are we going after this life? Why are we here? And I don't think men should be punished for Adams sins can you explain this to me? ´´ Those questions are exactly why we're here! Usually we have to ask people if they have ever thought about those questions and then tell them the book of Mormon has your answers, but he just asked us! And this happened over and over again... It's like we didn't even have to look this week.  People were finding us! Both of those two people were so prepared. It was amazing! Well so much more happened that I wish I had all the time in the world to write, but I don't!  I love you all so much and hope this week is full of miracles for you all too! xoxox

love,
Hermana Marchant


We got to go to capital this week to sign papers to be legal to live here so there are a few pictures from that!! so many people speak english down there its crazy!








pictures of the view from our building at sun rise!




pictures of santi being a gentleman carrying my bag because he got hermana sperry a flower from a tree and then i told him i was sad cause i didn't have one so he got me like 5 flowers from a tree and carried my bag to make up for it! haha he´s so cute.


a picture of SOME of the water that over flowed haha it was so much worse then it looks!






hna sperry and i, and then our faces right after she got robbed last week!


a HUGE CATERPILLER. sick.


a member that was helping us for the day.


A little girl with our tags! she was the most WILD little girl i've ever seen!! so much energy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment