Monday, October 29, 2012

Oct 29, 2012

Hola:

This week was awesome...like every week! First things first, Alex was safely returned to her house and yes, confirmed yesterday!! Second, transfers happened!! Yesterday right after church we got a call from the wife of Pres. She doesn’t speak fluent Spanish, so I knew it wasn’t for my comp. And a call from her is not normal so honestly I had a bunch of things running through my mind, I thought something bad happened at home and she was calling to tell me ha-ha (how negative!!!) but no obviously it was not even close. She called and said “Hey; Pres wants to know if you would like to stay with your comp another transfer. Almost never do the Hermanas stay together 3 transfers, so he wanted to know if its something you would want!” obviously I said YES because my comp is the best ever. Pres’s wife said “its not for sure he is going to pray about it but he just wanted to know what you guys think”. (This was after my Hermana Malhue said bye to everyone at church cause we were “so sure” that she was going to leave) and well that’s what happened. We are going to stay together one more transfer!! I’m excited.

We had a ward activity (that we planed so people could bring their non member friends) on Saturday! A Talent Show! A lot of non-members were invited and a few of them even participated! Our investigator Melissa sang in Italian. The ward LOOOVED her. She is a super cute 22-year-old artist from Spain. She will be baptized this weekend! Ill send pictures! It was really fun, won the trust of the members, we met some nonmembers to teach, and everyone was talking about it the next day at church! It was crazy because we planed the activity expecting about 30 or 40 people and it was going to start at 5 pm Saturday. So we went early to set up and we waited and waited and waited and there were about 6 people. For An HOUR AND A HALF. We were both almost in tears because we thought no one was going to come, but then between 6:30 and 7:00 people started showing up!! And we had about 40 people. (Which is really good for this ward, active members in between 50-55 usually on Sundays) It went really well! We tied in Family History as the theme (like getting to know the talents of our ancestors and how we need to document our talents for future generations) and we had a table with a ton of Family history info. It was one of the favorite things I’ve done in my mission so far. Well that’s about it. I LOVE YOU ALL. Have a good week!
Besos,
Hermana Marchant

No comments:

Post a Comment