Thursday, May 31, 2012

May 28, 2012


Hola!
Wow, Happy Birthday mom! Dad sent Pictures and your party looked so so fun!! Everyone looks so cute these days, and tan! A lot of the family has changed Alex and Liz specially. You guys look good!!
This week was good! I got to do two haircuts for a service project. An investigator and a member!! I gave one of our investigators bangs and her husband didn't notice until she said something after 3 days ha-ha I told her about the time I colored my hair brown and how dad didn't notice for a few hours!
We were teaching/helping cook for one of our investigators that works in a restaurant (he´s so busy, but has interest so we decided to help him cook) Well, we had to take the chicken off of full, cooked (at least it was cooked) chickens. With bones and feet and all. It was so gross, I was using a knife and cutting all the fat and grossness off and he looked at me and said ´´have you ever done this before? Do you even have chicken in your country´´ then took all the gross parts I cut off and put it in the pile with the normal looking chicken that people are going to eat. Then we went to our lunch appointment with a member, and had......chicken. Ha-ha
So even since about 2nd or 3rd week here in Argentina, President has been telling us we need a vision. A vision for this mission. And how this mission (Buenos Aires Norte) has one and it is ´´Real Growth in the Celestial Kingdom´´. Well this has been huge, every time Pres. Talks to us it's about getting this vision, how to get it, and how to strengthen it. So for the past few transfers we prayed and got it and have been working and strengthening it. But this week during my personal study I was studying in Mosiah 15 and it talks about ´´The will of the son being swallowed up in the will of the Father´´ and it led me to think about this whole vision and how this vision of Real Growth is the will of the father, and I'm not sure exactly how I made this connection before, but it led me to think that ´´learning how to get the vision´´ is part of the ´´personal vision´´ that president has for each of us individually. He is teaching us how to get the vision or the ´´will of the father´´ for our future families, our future spouses, kids, testimonies, life's. And how ´´real growth in the celestial kingdom´´ is for our lives too, not just for these investigators and this mission. Well when I shared what I had learned with my companion she said ´´Yeah he always talks about how this vision is for our life's more than the mission´´. I don't know how I missed that if he ´´always´´ talks about it ha-ha, maybe I needed to learn it for myself to remember it or something. But I feel so blessed to have President that is helping us to be better then mediocre missionaries, and better then mediocre parents, wife's, husbands, daughters, sisters. Well, I hope you are all reading your scriptures; you should read Mosiah 15:7 (I think its 7) and start getting a vision for your life! With a vision comes goals, and motivation! I love you all so much!! xoxo

love,
Hermana Marchant

No comments:

Post a Comment