Monday, May 21, 2012

May 21, 2012


Hola!
Where to start! Well first of all Mom, HAPPY BIRTHDAY this week!!!!!!!!!! Well, I spoke about 10 minutes in total of English this week! Ha-ha it went good. I saw my Spanish skyrocket. Having a companion that doesn't speak English is super helpful and I LOVE IT! Our goal is to teach families, and our President told us that we should pray in every single prayer to find MARRIED families (because everyone lives together unmarried here) and Men because the past 20 years of missionary work a ton of women have been baptized but there are no men in Argentina that they can marry (that are members) and guess what!!! Were teaching a few men and we found a family!! 6 children, married, hilarious, and live in a normal house in a good part of town so we can actually go at night!! We're really excited about them!  I found out that I´ll be in this area for at least the next 3 months!! Well a few weeks ago when my companion was sick we did divisions with a older couple in the ward, Hermana Sperry stayed at their house while Hermana Gonzalez and I went out and worked. Well Hermana Sperry told me about a little experience she had at their house with them. They have these two silver prongs hanging from a CD with ´´special´´ wire and some sort of electric current box plugged into the wall. Well according to them if you plug it in and set the two prongs in water it creates some scientific molecule or something that will kill ANY infection, ANY virus, bug, parasite etc. Well luckily for me the last day Hermana Sperry was here I saw her NOT wash her dish after using it but put it in the clean pile (sick I know) and well, you guessed Hermana G, and I both got sick! So anyway we had lunch with that same family on the day I was the most sick and they told me all about this ´´magic water molecule drink´´ and pulled it out and plugged it in and bore testimony of all the infections that its healed for them ha-ha. He gave me a huge bottle of it and well...I'm healed. Ha-ha. I think it's the antibiotics that healed me, but they don't know I bought antibiotics, so I'm there living proof to the ward members! Ha-ha well as for my BOM reading. It´s awesome. I love the BOM so much. I hope you all are reading!  I hope you all had a good mother's day and are enjoying spring there, because it's absolutely freezing here! Have a good week! xoxo

Con Amor,
Hermana Marchant


I got a whole bunch of letters this week from the mission home! Thanks everyone for writing me!
Natalie & family: Your letters are hilarious,  I loved your Mexico ketchup story! luckily for me, here instead of using ketchup on everything like Americans they use Mayo ( I HATE mayo) so when something is really gross I have the option of mayo or swallow and follow with a bunch of juice!! I've actually stopped trying to eat the whole thing when it's really gross to not hurt their feelings because I´ve been on the verge of throwing up from weird fish or meat one too many times, I just pull the ´´I had a huge breakfast´´ and eat a little bit. Glad to hear all is well! love you guys!
Rach and Carly: I'm sending a letter to my sister and ill have her print it out and send it in the mail because I don't have stamps to send it from here. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment