Monday, February 20, 2012

February 20, 2012

Hola!
Today we had transfers! I have bitter sweet feelings. I am with a new companion, Hermana Sperry. She is absolutely amazing. From the very first time I saw her she was going out of her way to befriend me and help me with the adjustment. I have a really, really good feeling about this transfer. She is fairly new also so she is a little worried to train, but I´ve been with her for 1 hour and she´s already doing awesome! Were in Urquiza now, which is very very close to Capital...or Buenos Aires. Dad did you serve here? I can actually flush toilet paper, and get my clothes washed in a real washer...not my bathroom sink. It's safe and clean, and I love it! This morning was a little sad to leave San Ignacio and Hermana Gillum. They were my firsts. First area, first companion! But she has one more transfer and then she goes home and I know she´ll rock it. Maybe I'll go back to San Ignacio in my mission to see those people again!

How was every ones Valentine's day? Mine was good! Hermana Gillum made me a scavenger hunt of little notes and then at the end the bathroom mirror was covered in little love notes! And after that we had a district meeting and the elders got us Valentine's Day cards with chocolate. It was funny because the only V-day cards they could find said ´´happy day for those in love´´ so they crossed it out put the chocolate on the back and wrote ´´happy day of the pure love of Christ´´ ha-ha.

This week was a week of recognizing blessings. We are so so so lucky to have all we have. Our investigator Lauti, the 12 year old had a rough week. We found out that his brother beats him, and this week was worse than usual. When we found out we went over to make sure he was ok and, he was. But I felt so bad for him. His living situation is so bad they don't even have running water in their house. They live in a shack and have a spigot outside of their house with tons of dirty dishes infested with bugs and other things surrounding it. That's how they shower brush their teeth...everything. It´s so sad. His mom is highly medicated at all times because she is schizophrenic and his brother beats him. His dad is nowhere to be found. He loves to skate board and play guitar and wants to learn English and live in the United States.. He couldn't even believe that his dreams are possible because of his situation right now. Well anyway that night I was reading the book of Mormon and writing in my journal and thinking about the events from that day and I came across Alma 5:33 and I don't remember exactly what it says but something like ´´repent, and I will receive you´´ and the thought came to mind that how I feel about Lauti.. Frustrated that he doesn't believe me and scared he won't do his part so I can´t do mine is how Christ feels all the time. He´s constantly saying ´´just repent and I'll take care of the rest...´´ and how many times do we say ´´no, I don't believe you´´ because of our lack of faith. How sad. Lauti might miss the opportunity of the life time now because of lack in faith... and we might miss the opportunity of enternity for the same reason. Something to think about.

Well funny story, a few days before any of that happened we were teaching the first lesson to them about the restoration. It was really spiritual and we were at the part talking about the apostasy and all the different churches taking only part of the truth and started a church. Hna Gillum and I were acting it out. we had different papers that represented all of the truth and she was saying ´´I'm the _______ church and I want this part of the truth´´ ´´I'm the ____ church and I want this part of the truth´´ and then she said ´´I'm the Jehovah witness church and I want this part of the truth´´´and at that second the dogs started barking because someone was at the gate in the front so we went to see who it was and guess who it was... two Jehovah's witness missionaries! Ha-ha we invited them in to listen and talk to us but they said no thanks! We all laughed forever! Well anyway I'm in a new area and I love it so far and I'm happy as could be! You are all in my prayers daily Thanks for everything and I miss you tons! xoxoxolove,
Hermana Marchant!

Remember Hermana Kapp. from the MTC my very first companion that moved up and we were best freinds so it was sad!! we see each other all the time and we love each other!!


Emiliano and Evangelina. she is a member he is her boyfriend going to get baptized in tw weeks

Found him dead by my bed. HUGE and i think was the culprit of my tennisball sized bite! sick

No comments:

Post a Comment