Monday, February 13, 2012

Feb 13, 2012

Hola!

We´ll this week was really good! I can now honestly say I'm starting to get the hang of this...I love this feeling, but am a little skeptical because usually that's how you know something hard is coming, right?!

I love the people of Argentina so much. Remember how much I loved the dogs before that I would feed them? Yeah, well now I've been chased down by 3 or 4 and my skirts been bitten by one...more scared of them now then anything! I see myself slowly becoming immune to little things. Things that before were such big deals. Bugs everywhere, sweat, people not understanding me... getting used to it all. Spiders I keep finding in my bed... that one I'm still working on getting used to. That whole ring worm scare last week? Nope, not ring worm just a huge spider bite. The bite was as wide as a tennis ball, red purple with a white ring around the outside and a black dot in the center. So gross. I had to get antibiotics and now I'm back to normal! I spray spider killer in my bed every night before bed and that seems to be helping. Yeah mom I know, bad harmful chemicals I'm sleeping with...I´ll be fine!

We´ve been working a ton with less active members, and it's been really rewarding. We have helped bring back a lot of people. Alfredo ( the old guy who was a little prideful about coming back to church and was waiting for members to come see him for years..I wrote about him last week remember?) He totally came to church this week! I was shocked! We walked into the church and there he was dressed all nice in his suit and tie sitting in the back alone looking around at everyone. I was so excited! We ran over to him and sat next to him and told him how good it was to see him. While we were sitting there in Sacrament Meeting next to Alfredo I was so overwhelmed with feelings and thoughts of ´´this is why I'm here´´. After Sacrament tons of his old friends ran up to him and hugged him and were talking and laughing and welcoming him back. It was really really cool to see! I'm excited to talk to him and see how he felt!

We set another baptism date. Ours keep falling through, so I'm really hoping for this one! As I said we have been working with less actives, and our bishop doesn't want baptisms until all the less actives are active again...impossible, I know. But Anyways so we have decided to reactivate less actives and baptized the family members not baptized in those families. Compromise. Well we went to the familia Trocha´s house this week. One lady, 2 sons, 1 daughter, and not sure what happened to the dad. The lady and daughter are baptized and inactive, oldest son is a gangster and the other son is 12 years old. Hermana Trocha is schizophrenic so she forgets she's a member sometimes. She´s really sweet though, a little out of it, but really sweet. She has dentures in her mouth and with each word she speaks the moved up and down ha-ha it's hilarious, and kind of sad. But anyway, the 12 year old is seriously amazing. I have never met such a confident special 12 year old. He is out going, smart, funny, respectful everything. Very mature for his age. Not baptized. He loves playing the guitar and skateboarding. But he´s the only one out of his friends that has a skate board so he loves to talk about it with us because we're from the United States and everyone there skates. He wants to be professional skate boarder in the United States one day. And wants to learn English more than anyone I've met. Well we got them to church and after we're teaching him about the Book of Mormon. He wasn't too excited about reading it so when Hna Gillum asked him if he would read it and started to hesitantly say ´´maybe´´ I said ´´we can give you a English one and a Spanish one and then as you read you can learn English´´ and the second he caught on to what I was saying (because it takes me 5 hours to say one sentence ha-ha) he started continuously shaking his head yes! He was so excited ha-ha. I figure, with his desire to learn English he will really be paying attention to what its saying and his desire for the words and the BOM its self will grow too! He committed to baptism in 2 weeks. Transfers are next week so we´ll see if I'll be here!!

Well overall my love for my mission and these people is growing everyday! The hard things are hard, but the good things out weigh them by far. I love you all and miss you tons! Besos

Hermana Marchant







No comments:

Post a Comment