Monday, November 14, 2011

Hola mi famila y amigos!

So it's been 3 days now since I got here at the MTC. The computers times us, and were only allowed 30 minutes so I will type as fast as possible.


So how is everyone doing? I got here and right away we dropped off our bags in our room and went straight to class. The teacher walked in and spoke nothing for Spanish THE WHOLE TIME. It was super over whelming! But I do love it here. After class started he introduced us to our companions. Mine is Sister Kapp. She is so awesome. She from Highland, Utah and knows a ton of people here at the MTC. It's nice. Instant friends! We get along really well and have tons of fun. She's hilarious. I am so lucky!


The elders in our district are hilarious... definitely 19 years old but still hilarious! The first 2 days were kind of hard just getting used to everything and adjusting to only being taught in Spanish but yesterday was a lot easier. I can understand a lot more then the first and second day (as long as my teachers use hand signals ha-ha). Sis. Kapp was telling me that the best advice she got before she came into the MTC was "Elders don't fall in love with the sisters, and sisters don't fall in love with the teachers" ha-ha. I thought that was hilarious because the teachers are all BYU students about 23 or 24 years old.


Today we only get a half P-day because we have only been here for half of a week. From now on my P-day will be on Fridays, starting next week. So as you all told me, the MTC is VERY VERY structured. Every minute of every day is planned for us. The only thing I was surprised about is that language class is not structured at all. It's kind of like "learn what you want to learn at your own pace" so I kind of have to teach myself Spanish, and it's hard because I don't know where to start. Maybe it's just because it's the first week and as we go on the class will be more interactive and learning and hands on. It's nice also though because I know some of the basics so I don't have to relearn those and wait for the rest of the class to catch up. My companion is REALLY good at Spanish. Its good motivation! She might switch up to the intermediate class (I hope not because then I would be put into a 3 some with the other sisters in my district who I don't have as much in common with.)


Everyone is so nice here. You get greeted in like 20 different languages everywhere to go ha-ha. So in my Room it is my companion and me. Two sisters from my district (that I might become companions with if Sis. Kapp decides to move up) and then two other girls that speak Spanish fluently so we are trying to speak it as much as possible. We got sick of hearing "SYL Hermanas" (speak your language sisters) ha-ha.


I found out for sure that I won't be able to call home on Christmas, but I think we get to call home when we get our information about our flight to Argentina, and then again at the airport. So twice instead of once makes up for not talking on Christmas!


All around the MTC they have pictures of sisters and elders in the apartments on their missions and there are a few of them in Buenos Aires... let me just say I think I'll be in for a rude awakening on my cleanliness expectations when I get down there HAHA. We taught our first "investigator" (paid BYU students that speak Spanish) yesterday, I was so nervous I said "lo siento, mi ingles es no bueno" which means sorry my English is not good, but I meant to say espanol. Hahaha. Embarrassing! He was like "no, su ingles es muy bueno" ha-ha oops! We will teach him again today. Wish me luck!


Well times about up. I love you guys and miss you tons!! All is well here. I love it and I'm loving it more and more every day. It's hard, but I know I can do it! Keep my updated on you guys xoxox


Lizzie and mom, I got your Dear Elder letters. I LOVED THEM thank you so much. I didn't realize how excited I would be for contact from the outside world. Keep it up :) Liz, I lost the letter with your email in it. Please send it again! I can't believe John met Jenessa! How crazy. Small world! Tell Jenessa I love her so much and miss her ton and can't wait to hear from her!


Love, Sister Marchant

No comments:

Post a Comment