Monday, January 14, 2013

Jan. 14, 2013

baptism of Martha



baby birds that we found behinds the church!!! couldnt even fly yet!!!! 


This week was awesome! Gianella, and Adrian were confirmed and Martha (the grandma) was baptized and confirmed this week too. Did I tell you guys that when we first met Martha she was smoking more then 60 cigarettes each day, and now she completely quite smoking!!!!! For the first time is 40 years she didn’t smoke...can you say MIRACLE? The first time she came to church she couldn’t even sit through one meeting with out attempting to smoke, and now she has stopped completely.

One of my favorite things about the mission is being able to listen to the confirmation blessings of these people that are in the process of changing their lives. Yesterday when Adrian was confirmed the Branch president performed the blessing and said that "our Heavenly Father is extremely pleased with his decision to choose the right and be baptized, in fact he is celebrating with his angels in heaven".  I almost started crying.  How....beautiful! I then had to speak in church so I tied that blessing into my talk on obedience and how our Heavenly father I’m sure celebrates when we choose the right and obey him. So, family and friends... CTR (Choose The Right).

The following scripture comes to mind by way of my thoughts in tough times.  I don’t have my English scriptures with me, but Spanish scriptures, yes. I’ll try to translate the best I can... 3 Nephi 13:31-33; something like ”…Don’t fear and say what will we eat, or drink, or with what will we be dressed, because your Heavenly Father knows that you are in need of these things, however look first to the kingdom of God and his justice and all these things will be provided". Look first to the kingdom of God, go to the temple, read your scriptures, accompany the elders, and he will take care of the rest. When I think of all that I have learned in the mission I think about faith. This is such an awesome opportunity to have great faith, to fight the fight and choose to stay positive. You are all in my prayers I love you all so much!!

Love,
Hermana Abby Marchant


No comments:

Post a Comment