Monday, November 19, 2012

Nov. 19, 2012


HI!! So we got a text last night from our zone leaders that there are going to be protests in the whole country on Tuesday, so we can`t leave our houses at all tomorrow, so today in stead of tomorrow is Pday (expect this morning to buy food and email because we cant leave our houses tomorrow) So time is really limited today!
This week was awesome!! First of all, Edison, an investigator got baptized yesterday! It was beautiful. We got a new ward mission leader that actually helps us!! Melissa (our recent convert that got baptized about 2 weeks ago) said the prayer in the baptism of Edison, and right before she went to say it she said this is my first participation in the church!!!!! I have to remember it and clapped her hands like a little girl. Ha-ha
This week was really awesome for growth! I saw huge growth in investigators, members helping, my Spanish. everything! It was awesome. When we teach Edison, we have to go to member’s houses because he is only 26 years old and lives with 2 roommates so we cant go into his house. So after the lessons we always have to walk really far (because the member that has us over to teach lives across town) So one day this week we taught and we were walking back and talking briefly about the Sabbath day, we didn’t even teach it well because we had plans to teach it the next day, but it came up in conversation. I think either my companion or me said something like we don’t buy things on Sundays and briefly explained why and that was all. But then the next day we all met up and he said "hey guess what? "I asked for Sundays off at work with out us even committing him to do it, or bringing up the idea or anything. He is so awesome! He is the definition of repentance. He had committed almost every sin, and almost each point of question 4, but completely changed his life.
I LOVE THE MISSION. Witnessing things like that make it all worth it. Also Melissa (the chica from Spain) wanted to finish her tattoos and asked our opinions because she just got baptized ha-ha so obviously we told her what the prophets have said and told her to pray. The next day we went to her house and she said “LOOK. I found something in the book of Mormon then flipped open her book to Jacob 7 and in one of the verses is talking about doing Gods will not ours”.  And she said "and I know that its Gods will that I don’t get more tattoos, but its my will that I do”. “But I know the truth and I know that I need to do his will and if I don’t, I will be condemned. So I’m not going to get more!!!!” How awesome!!
I told her to look for you on FB Alex. She said she found you. She now calls her self Hermana Marchant too because she wants to marry you! Ha-ha that’s actually a huge step. The first few times she came to church she left right before Relief Society because she DID NOT want to get married...ever. And that’s all they talk about in Relief Society hahaha. And now she wants to get married to Alex! The gospel is changing her!!!! We finally have running water, elevators, and A MISSION LEADER.... couldn’t ask for anything more! I love you all!

Love, Hermana Marchant 1 (Melissa is 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment